Top 10 Reasons to book a Vacation Home instead of a Hotel Room
- $$$! Vacation Homes are almost always less expensive than hotels. Hotels in Hood River can cost around $200/nt. That is just for one room and one bathroom! You are able to stay at super nice 2 or 3 bedroom homes with Hood River Vacation Rentals for less than that.
- Space! The average size of vacation rentals in Hood River is typically around 2000 square feet. That’s over 6 times the square footage of an average hotel room. So for those of you who don’t like confined spaces (and I am guessing that is most of you since you are thinking of vacationing in Hood River- the land of open wild places), a vacation rental is a win-win for you!
- Meals! Whenever you want. No need to work around that hotel breakfast, when you could be whipping up some fresh eggs from the local market whenever you choose to roll out of bed. You are on vacation after all;)
- Gear Storage! For other towns this may be a non-issue, but when you are visiting Hood River, chances are you’re gonna have some kind of gear. Bikes, Kites, Snowboards, Skis, Rafts, Canoes etc. Often hotels aren’t spacious enough for these extra items and may not allow you stash these items behind their desk. That’s when you need a garage, which most vacation rentals at Hood River Vacation Rentals have. Easy.
- Summer Grillin’! This may not be the number one thing you are thinking of doing on vacation, but let me tell you Hood River Vacation Rentals have some of THE best views of the Gorge and what better way to enjoy it than by grilling some fresh local veggies and fresh caught salmon on the deck with some friends?!
- Doggies! Hood River Vacation Rentals has about 3 dogs roaming the office on any given day, so we get it! Your dog goes everywhere with you; they are family too! Sure, some hotels are pet friendly, but what’s great about vacation rentals are the fenced yards, and you aren’t sharing a paper thin wall with your neighbor! Some vacation homes offer pet towels as well as dog dishes ~ check with the friendly vacation specialists at Hood River Vacation Rentals to see which pet friendly home would suit you!
- Kiddos! Let’s face it, kids can be noisy! Their laughter and happy, joyful squeals of delight can be even louder on vacation. They are excited and they don’t care who knows! In a vacation home this is awesome! Let them be, share in on the joy! But in a hotel, meh. You may get knocks from your neighbor who has to wake up for a conference meeting, not so relaxing!
- Babies! How nice would it be to not have to tip-toe around after the littles fall asleep?! When you rent a vacation home, you have the option to rent a home with several bedrooms for such situations. After the kiddos are tucked in snug, the adults can enjoy their own bottle!
- Easy on the budget! You know exactly what you are paying for the stay up front, and you pay for the trip in two installments to help spread out the expense. No hidden fees and surprises upon check out. Surprises are over-rated. (at least in this case)
- Privacy! Who hasn’t gone to have a soak in the hotel hot tub, but that one person just won’t stop staring?! Well, when you stay at a Hood River Vacation Rental with a hot tub, we assure you, discomfort from strangers not included!
We hope you find this list handy when determining your next lodging destination!
Happy Travels from Hood River Vacation Rentals!